Thursday, June 21, 2007

BE A TURTLE


This has nothing to do with the parable of "The Turtle and the Hare"; rather, it has everything to do with making an effort and taking chances.
I was doing an 8 mile run the other day when I came across a turtle crossing the road. He was taking his time and immediately shrank into his shell when he sensed me approaching. I stopped for a minute to observe the li'l guy and realizing that I wasn't a threat to him, he popped his legs out and then slowly stretched his head a neck out and proceeded on his way. This made me realize that in order for the turtle to make his way in the world, he must "stick his neck out". Literally for the turtle, and figuratively for the rest of us.
Take an aspect of your life that you have been wanting to work on and "be a turtle". You can't get anywhere unless you stick your neck out. -MIKE

No comments: